Ragunan Zoo in Jakarta (Kebun Binatang Ragunan)
Southeast Asia’s Largest Animal Park0
Ragunan Zoo (known as Kebun Binatang Ragunan in Indonesian) is the largest animal park in all of Southeast Asia and highly recommended for a day out with the whole family. It’s possible to see over 400 species of animal, both indigenous to Indonesia and from as far away as Africa, Arabia and North America.
The zoo is split up into sections for reptiles, mammals, birds, and an open range featuring wetland ecosystems. Among the most sought after species of animal are komodo dragons, orang-utans and the endangered Sumatran tiger, among many others. The speciality Kid’s Park is also very popular, where children can get up close to a talking parrot, a giant arapaima fish from the Amazon in South America, and a playground with swings and climbing frames.Read More
- Highlights Of Bali Full-Day Tour
- Bathe & Breakfast with the Elephants
- Whitewater Rafting & Elephant Safari Ride
- Whitewater Rafting
- Downhill Cultural Cycling Tour with Lunch
- Private Bali As You Please Tour
- Devdan Show: Treasure of the Archipelago at Bali Nusa Dua Theatre
- Fast-Track Waterbom Bali Admission
- Best of Bali Highlights Tour with Lunch
- Elephant Safari Park & Optional Elephant Ride
For those who love to see great apes including orang-utans, chimpanzees, and gorillas, The Schmutzer Primate Centre is one of the finest primate enclosures in the world, and is actually managed separately from the rest of the zoo thanks to the kind benefactor, Pauline Antoinette Schmutzer. The 13-hectre enclosure mimics the animal’s natural environment as closely as possible and the thick dark glass allows visitors to see the orang-utans without disturbing them.
Open since 1864, this is one of the oldest zoos in the world and an entertaining and educational day out for all the family. Ragunan Zoo is located in Pasar Minggu in South Jakarta. It is open from 09:00 to 16:00 from Tuesday to Sunday. It is closed every Monday to give the animals a quiet day.
Rate This Place: ( votes)
- Opening Hours: Tue – Sun 09:00 – 16:00
- Location: Jalan Harsono No.1, Ragunan, Pasar Minggu, Jakarta
- Tel: +62 (0)21 788 471 14