Everything you Need to Know about Karawang
Karawang city is the capital of the Karawang Regency in West Java, about 50 kilometres east of Jakarta. Part of the most densely populated provinces of Indonesia, this city of nearly 200,000 has developed from an agricultural heartland to an industrial centre.
One of the country's oldest relics, the Jiwa Temple, in Batujaya, is believed to date back to the second century. Like much of West Java, many Karawang residents are descendents of the ancient Hindu Sunda Kingdom, which reigned over the region from the seventh to sixteenth centuries in a time still revered as the 'golden age' of Indonesia. Sundanese myths and stories continue to be passed down through the generations through the art of storytelling, and it remains a distinct and strong culture among the myriad Indonesian traditions and ways.
Golf fans will find a challenging course at the 18-hole Karawang International Golf Club, which also has a driving range, restaurant and conference facilities.
The nearest location for arriving by air is Jakarta's Soekarno-Hatta International Airport. From Jakarta, there is regular bus service to Karawang, a journey that takes about one hour.Read More
- Highlights Of Bali Full-Day Tour
- Bathe & Breakfast with the Elephants
- Whitewater Rafting & Elephant Safari Ride
- Whitewater Rafting
- Downhill Cultural Cycling Tour with Lunch
- Private Bali As You Please Tour
- Devdan Show: Treasure of the Archipelago at Bali Nusa Dua Theatre
- Fast-Track Waterbom Bali Admission
- Best of Bali Highlights Tour with Lunch
- Elephant Safari Park & Optional Elephant Ride