What to Buy and Where to Shop in Indonesia
The extensive shopping opportunities in Indonesia are a good reason in itself to visit. Whether you are looking for furniture, fashion, antiques, art or jewellery, the archipelago is renowned for producing exquisitely crafted goods, many of which can be bought straight from the craftsman.
The island of Java is a good shopping base. Jakarta in particular has an array of mega, air-conditioned malls; jam packed with every international brand known to man. The world's fashion capitals are well condensed into upscale shopping malls, compact with sharp Italian tailoring, romantic French ensembles and innovational Japanese labels.
It is easy to get sidetracked by these shops but it would be a serious mistake not to become acquainted with some of the homegrown produce of Indonesia. Highly-skilled artisans produce painstakingly beautiful textiles, silver goods, dynamic ceramics and furniture pieces that are unique in style and of an admirable standard of quality. Perfect presents for loved ones or a well deserved treat for yourself. Shopping hours usually fall between 09:00-21:00.
- Highlights Of Bali Full-Day Tour
- Bathe & Breakfast with the Elephants
- Whitewater Rafting & Elephant Safari Ride
- Whitewater Rafting
- Downhill Cultural Cycling Tour with Lunch
- Private Bali As You Please Tour
- Devdan Show: Treasure of the Archipelago at Bali Nusa Dua Theatre
- Fast-Track Waterbom Bali Admission
- Best of Bali Highlights Tour with Lunch
- Elephant Safari Park & Optional Elephant Ride